The Basics of Forest Land and Timber Appraisal
June 9-13, 2014 • Oregon State University • Corvallis, OR
This session is a 5-day course, newly designed to offer intensive instruction in timber and timberland appraisal for natural resource professionals, appraisal professionals, finance, tax and legal professionals.
You will learn how to construct an accurate appraisal for Pacific Northwest forest assets (timber and land). An accurately performed appraisal will help you receive top dollar when selling forest assets or bid at a competitive price when buying. Confidence in your appraisal will help minimize business and financial risks, simplify your documentation and reduce the amount of outside appraisal review. The workshop is taught by Vic Musselman and Norm Elwood, each with over 30 years of experience in forest appraisal, economics and taxation.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AT THIS 5-DAY WORKSHOP:
• The most accurate methods for timber and timberland appraisal in the Pacific Northwest
• How to produce an accurate appraisal and have confidence in your collaterization of forest assets
• Ensure that you receive top dollar when selling forest assets
• The knowledge to bid at a competitive price when buying forest assets
• The knowledge to review appraisals, minimize your risk and simplify documentation
• The ability to recognize the best appraisal procedures for your clients
Program and Registration: