|December 2012 Newsletter In this issue:
- Website User Tips
- Forestry Event Information
Dear FSN User
Website User Tips Seedling availability
There are a few more seedlings available this year but shortage’s continue. Many growers Posted their lots during the summer and are selling out. Plan ahead and secure planting stock as soon as possible.
Registered Users need to update passwords During the last couple of months we transferred to new back room software. Registered users, if you have not reset you passwords you will need to log in and obtain a temporary password. This will allow you to access your account reinstall your password.
For instructions: Help me access my FSN account.
Users will notice little change. However one is important, the News Section that was at the bottom of the Home page has been replaced by the Events list. Events are regional and interest to all users. Most users receive organizational newsletters with detailed news articles related to their area. A limited news edition is still available in the Resource section.
Seedling Search options
Growers it is time Post spec and contract over runs
- Search Posts for free - Use a Quick Search for an overall picture.
- If you know your criteria use the Advanced Search.
- If you are uncertain use Map Search to find criteria for your planting site and see if seedlings are available.
- Note: When you use Map Search *note allow a up to a minute for search to load* then (scroll down to view Post list) be aware that even though the data shows your site elevation along with Lat/long the specific Posts available include all elevation bands. Also a yellow entry is a Post for the 2013-14 planting season.
- If you have a favorite grower who is a subscribing vendor you can click on their Banner graphic or Featured vendor business name to access their business page, scroll down to view their current Posts. Check out this vendor.
- You may notice “Sold Out” has been added to the Post list information. “Sold Out” shows you who has grown stock for your seed zone.
Forestry Event Information
- Our Post Promotion is still on. You can view the Post Promotion details here. Remember your Posts are good until June 30 of the Posted planting season (July 31 for ID & MT).
- You can now post for the 2013-14 planting season and it will be good until 2014.
- The new Post edit option “Sold Out” leaves the Post information on the live site. The inactive check box that removes the Post from the live site remains.
Small Lot Seedling sales
Does your group sponsor small lot seedling sales? FSN will again list your information in the Events section at no cost to the organization. Small woodland chapters, conservation districts and others need to send information to us for entry in the Events section.
At a minimum, you should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Tree School Dates
- Sale date, time and location.
- Your organization name and a contact person
- Files for any flyers, order forms, or maps are helpful, but not required. Files in PDF format are preferred, but we will work with whatever you send. Include any other information that is pertinent.
Upcoming Events There are lots of events listed on FSN right now. You can check the Events list to see them all. Enjoy this Holiday Season Regards, Bob McNitt, Owner
- Send your details to email@example.com and we will List them in the Events section.
- Forest landowners who have never attended a Tree School should consider taking in this unique learning experience tailored to their forest management needs.
FSN is committed to full service for the Northwest Forest Landowner Community. Your requests, suggestions, and feedback are appreciated. Thanks for considering FSN to assist you in forest management planning.