November 2014 E-newsletter
Keep checking FSN for new seedling POSTS to fill your reforestation needs. Check out the Events for conferences and work shops.
In this issue:
- Seedling availability, Planning ahead
- Growers POST now, Seedling requests
- Map Search changing to easier and faster
- Notify FSN of your events - Seedling Sales and Conferences
Reforestation seedlings are again in short supply.
There are several reasons, including good log markets, recent forest fires and last year’s freezes. Only a few seedlings are available for many zones especially those in fire areas. Forest landowners who plan to harvest in 2015 need to order seedlings now. If you have your own seed, depending on the species you might be able to have the seed contract grown for next season. Native Woody plant POSTS are available
(be sure to page down). Make periodic checks for new Posts through out the season. Growers don't miss the opportunity to broaden your marketing exposure. POST your speculation and overrun seedling lots on FSN today. Some seedling requests: Oregon
- Douglas Fir – New zone #4 / Old Zone #062
- Douglas fir - Roseburg area
- Ponedrosa pine- Roseburg area
- Incense Cedar – Old zone #262 / New Zone #3
- Red Alder - Old zone #262 / New Zone #5 Washington
– Western Red Cedar - New zone #1 / Old Zone #232 The FSN 'Search Seedlings' home page has a temporary different look
that emphasizes the 'Map Search' option. It is fast and easy so why not give it a try. We are currently making changes that will make it even more user friendly. If you have, suggestions drop us a note. Forest landowner chapters and others who sponsor small lot seedling sales
need to send their information to FSN so your sale can be listed in the Events section. We get phone calls and emails from folks asking about sales in their area. This service is available at no cost to organizations and businesses that sponsor events where people can purchase small numbers of seedlings. At a minimum, you should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Sale date, time and location.
- Your organization name and a contact person.
- Send your flyers and order forms. Maps are helpful, but not required. Files in PDF format are preferred, but we will work with whatever you send. Include any other information that is pertinent.
Thanks for using the Forest Seedling Network.